Grid

GRID_STYLE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Hover Effects

TRUE

Recent Posts

Breaking News:

latest

Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities, Vows Rescue of Abducted Schoolchildren

  By Abdullahi Alhassan, Kaduna Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum , on Tuesday visited Uba town to sympathise with parents of schoo...

 

By Abdullahi Alhassan, Kaduna

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, on Tuesday visited Uba town to sympathise with parents of schoolchildren recently abducted in Mussa community, assuring residents that all efforts were being intensified to secure the safe release of the victims.

Governor Zulum, who has consistently visited communities affected by insecurity to console victims and assess situations firsthand, met with parents of the abducted children at the palace of the Emir of Uba.

Addressing the gathering, the governor conveyed his condolences to the Emir, parents of the abducted children, and the entire people of the Uba Emirate over the incident.

“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children, and the entire people of the Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” Zulum said.

He assured residents that the Federal Government, under the leadership of President Bola Tinubu, alongside the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government, would do everything possible to secure the release of the abducted children.

“Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the distinguished leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces, and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children,” he said.

The governor commended the military and other security agencies for taking proactive steps to prevent further deterioration of the security situation in the area.

He disclosed that the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer, Divisional Police Officer, and other heads of security agencies had already been deployed to strengthen security and facilitate the rescue of the abducted children.

Zulum also pledged to reinforce security in Askira, Uba, and adjoining communities to prevent a recurrence of similar incidents.

“We have made frantic efforts to stabilise Askira, Uba, and adjoining communities through the reinforcement of security in these areas,” he stated.

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, describing them as innocent minors who needed the care and protection of their parents.

He further urged residents of the Uba Emirate and the people of Borno State to intensify prayers, especially during the first 10 days of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah.

Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, revealed that the incident occurred on Friday, May 15, when 48 persons were abducted in Mussa community, including 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students, and five other residents.

The monarch commended Governor Zulum for his continued commitment to tackling insecurity and supporting communities across the state.

Also speaking, a representative of the Mussa community, Dr. Chinapi Amanja, appreciated the governor for the visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and other security personnel to the area.

Zulum Condoles Chibok Communities

In a related development, Governor Zulum also visited Chibok town to sympathise with communities affected by recent attacks in parts of Chibok Local Government Area.

Addressing district heads, village heads, council members, and other stakeholders, the governor said he was deeply saddened by the attacks, which claimed several lives and left many others injured.

“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathise with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government, which claimed many lives and left others injured,” Zulum said.

“I want to assure you that the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces, and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to avert the recurrence of such incidents,” he added.

The governor urged residents to remain calm and law-abiding, assuring them that the government was making concerted efforts to restore normalcy through the deployment of additional troops.

He also prayed for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives and asked God to grant their families the strength to bear the loss.

Speaking on behalf of the affected communities, the District Head of Garu, Engr. Zannah Madu, thanked the governor for the visit and for the government’s continued intervention in addressing security challenges in the area.

Governor Zulum was accompanied on the visits by the member representing Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza Federal Constituency, Hon. Ahmed Jaha; Acting Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. Babagana Mustapha Malumbe; Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar; Permanent Secretary, Government House and Security, Barrister Mustapha Busuguma; Special Adviser on Monitoring, Engr. Baba Bukar Gujbawu; and Special Adviser on Media, Dauda Iliya.

No comments